An exhaust system must work right as it guides the gases formed during an engine combustion process out of the vehicle. Further, an exhaust system reduces the noise generated during internal combustion.
We at SWB Autos Ltd. offer exhaust service Sutton at a competitive rate. Our RMI-certified garage has all the necessary tools and technologies to assess the condition of all exhaust system components. Further, our technicians have the expertise to offer accurate services on vehicles of any make and model, including Vauxhall models.
What are the components of a car exhaust system?
An exhaust system in a vehicle is one of its most crucial components and comprises the following:
- Manifold: This part of an exhaust system is directly connected to the engine cylinder and acts as a channel for gases into a car’s exhaust system.
- Oxygen sensors: This electronic device measures the oxygen content in the gas.
- Catalytic converter: A catalytic converter removes pollutants and harmful gases.
- Silencer: This filter helps reduce the engine noise generated during an internal combustion process.
What are the signs of a malfunctioning exhaust system?
In case your car’s exhaust system is not working correctly, you will notice the following warning signs:
- An awful pungent smell inside a vehicle’s cabin due to leaking exhaust pipes
- A sudden drop in the fuel efficiency of a vehicle
- Engine misfires due to a clogged exhaust system
- Increase in engine noise due to broken or damaged silencer
You must not ignore these warning signs as they can cause further implications and make your vehicle fail the MOT test.
About our exhaust service Sutton
The advanced equipment at our garage allows us to check the parts of an exhaust system, like:
- Catalytic converter
- Oxygen sensors
- Gaskets or isolators
- Exhaust manifold
During this detailed inspection, we will get to the crux of the issue and understand the actual area that is damaged. Following this, we will use the industry-best tools to replace the damaged components with OE-grade spares.
Hence, we are your answer for ‘exhaust repair and replacement near me’ searches. Come to us today at 688 London Road, North Cheam, Sutton, SM3 9BY.
Alternatively, you may call us on 02086 440929.